Social media has exploded in the last decade. However, to create engaging content and build a consistent and reliable customer base, you must embrace social media’s benefits.
Social media allows people to communicate and connect. It also allows your business to connect with your ideal customers.
This article will look at major social media platforms and how you can use them to grow your business.
With over 2 billion active profiles, Facebook is the world’s largest social media platform. So if your ideal customers have any internet presence, they will likely have Facebook.
You have two options when it comes to Facebook. The paid route and the organic route.
- The paid route. You set up a target demographic, and you pay for advertising. Facebook will place your ads in front of users that fit your target customer profile.
- The organic route. With an organic strategy, you’ll need to create content that attracts your ideal clients, you’ll need to use your friends’ list as a list of leads, and you’ll need to be messaging and leading prospects through your sales process.
Overall, Facebook can be a fantastic place to source potential leads.
Instagram is the second largest social media platform in the world. With 1 billion active monthly users, Instagram can be a great place to market your business.
Instagram focuses on picture and video content. It lends itself well to product-based businesses or businesses that incorporate a lot of visuals like photography or graphic design.
Instagram can provide your business with a fun and dynamic platform where you can share media to engage and retain potential followers and clients.
LinkedIn is a robust and active social media platform that caters to professionals, business owners, and entrepreneurs. It’s the ideal platform if you have a product or service that helps business owners in some way, shape, or form.
- LinkedIn has completely transformed into a fully functioning social media platform in recent years. When business owners and entrepreneurs come to LinkedIn, they have a much more focused mindset than when they participate on other social media platforms.
- When people are on LinkedIn, they have a business on their mind. As a result, they are much more willing to invest both in themselves and their businesses. This makes selling business-oriented products and services much easier on LinkedIn.
- Compared to social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn generates 277% more clients.
- On other social media platforms, people may get annoyed by people pitching them services and products. However, on LinkedIn, it’s much more welcome as the platform lends itself to these curated promotional tools.
Twitter can be a compelling platform to grow your business.
- Twitter is extraordinarily fast-paced. Ensure you are producing a lot of content to stay relevant.
- Twitter lends itself exceptionally well to affiliate marketing and course selling.
- With Twitter, the whole goal is to build authority and credibility around whatever it is you are selling.
- Twitter allows you to create short and authoritative content called ‘tweets.’ This ensures you are constantly catching the attention of potential leads.
- It’s recommended that you tweet around 4-6 times a day. That can be a bit overwhelming, so it’s also recommended that you batch your content and create a week’s worth of content simultaneously.
No matter your business type, social media can be a huge asset to you. It’s a fantastic way to connect and interact with your target audience and to scale.